Expansion shields are fasteners that are used to help secure expansion joints in concrete. They are also known as expansion joint covers or expansion joint protection plates. Expansion shields are usually made from metal but can also be made from other materials such as plastic or rubber. Expansion type shielding works by providing a surface for the expansion joint to bear against. This surface helps to distribute the load evenly and prevents the joint from being damaged by sharp edges on the concrete.
Prevent From Being Dislodged by Movement or Vibration
Expansion shields are typically installed around the perimeter of an expansion joint and are often used in conjunction with expansion anchors. These anchors help to further secure the expansion shield in place and prevent it from being dislodged by movement or vibration. As expansion fasteners are designed to be used in a variety of applications, it is important to follow some basic safety guidelines when using them. Here are some fastener safety tips:
– Always wear gloves when working with expansion shield fasteners.
– Be sure to read and understand the manufacturer’s instructions before using expansion shield fasteners.
– Never use damaged or worn expansion shield fasteners.
– Inspect expansion shield fasteners regularly for damage or wear.
– Use the proper size and type of expansion shield fastener for the application.
– Follow all local building codes and regulations when using expansion shield fasteners.
Ensure That Your Project is Completed Safely and Successfully
Expansion style fasteners are a versatile and convenient way to secure a variety of materials. By following these safety tips, you can help ensure that your project is completed safely and successfully. One of the keys to getting the most out of this type of fastener and similar related products is to choose to work with the best company in the business. While there are many choices in this regard, one company stands out as a true leader in the field. Contact Coburn-Myers today to learn more.